A proud partner of the San Francisco Department of Public Health, the Positive Health Program (HIV/AIDS Clinic) at Ward 86 provides interprofessional, life-sustaining services including primary medical care, HIV specialty care [hepatitis treatment, psychiatry, dermatology, pulmonology, gynecology, and nutrition], urgent care, mental health and substance abuse support, clinical pharmacy services, social work services, and case management. Our physicians also provide inpatient AIDS consultation services at San Francisco General Hospital.
Our patient-centered medical home model includes:
- Rapid new patient evaluation and appointments
- Electronic health records with a patient portal
- On-site education, support group and treatment for hepatitis C infection
- Specific and culturally sensitive programs dedicated to the health of HIV-infected women, African-Americans, Latinos and adolescents
- Examination of the effects of HIV on aging